The role of School Governors
School Governors provide strategic leadership and accountability in schools. Governors hold the main responsibility for finance in schools and work with the Principal to make tough decisions about balancing resources.
Decisions are the joint responsibility of the governing body. The role of the governing body is a strategic one, its key functions are to set the aims and objectives for the school and to set the policies and targets for achieving those aims and objectives. The Governors then monitor and evaluate the progress the school is making towards achievement of its aims and objectives.
To view Bristol Technology and Engineering Academy's Articles of Association please click on the below link:
Introducing our Board of Governors
- Adele Haysom (Chair of Board)
- Teresa Hill (Vice Chair of Board)
- Alex Fitzhugh - Rolls Royce (Chair of Finance Committee)
- Nicholas Pearson
- Dave Edgecombe - Airbus (Director)
- Simon Jenkins - GKN (Director)
- Tushar Dhavale - UWE (Director)
- Victoria Helps (Director)
- Commander Kevin Noakes - Royal Navy
- Pritesh Narayan - UWE
- Ed Preston - GKN
Our Annual Accounts are available to view below.