SAFEGUARDING IS EVERYONE’S RESPONSIBILITY
Advice and Guidance for Parents and Carers
Are you a Parent or carer? Need FREE help or advice?
There are people in Bristol who can help us make the best job we can of bringing up our children and teenagers.
This may be:
- a phone line to ask for advice
- information about parenting issues
- an activity to meet up and discuss practical ways to handle young people’s emotions and stresses
- 1 to 1 guidance
- support groups
- parenting courses
Bristol City Council’s Social Care and Health team will listen to you to help decide what kind of support is right for you and your family.
Contact them on 0117 903 6444.
The following services may help:
Click here for more information on the support offered by Bristol City Council including their parenting courses programme.
You can also find local support groups at:
- 1 Big Database
- Advice Network: free, independent advice across the South West
- Single Parent Action Network (SPAN)
You can get advice from:
- Action for children
- Advisory Centre for Education (ACE)
- Family Lives
- Fostering Network
- Grandparents Plus
- Support for children and young people from Gov.uk
Financial and legal advice:
- Child benefit information from Gov.uk
- Children’s Legal Centre
- Citizens Advice
- Family Mediation Council
- Family Rights Group (FRG)
- National Family Mediation (NFM)
- Talking money: Bristol debt advice centre
Support for drug and addiction issues:
Support for prisoners and their families: